Family and Friends Payment on Hold

madk
New Community Member

I have read through the previous posts on this topic, but none of them were answered in a way that related to my situation. Someone sent me money two days ago through Family and Friends. I was able to transfer the amount into my bank account within 24 hours. The same person sent me another amount the yesterday and it showed up in my PayPal account right away. However, upon transferring it to my bank account I got a message from PayPal saying that for "security reasons" my transaction may take up to 24 hours. At the same time I received an email from PayPal stating that my transaction is being processed and may take up to 24 hours. Today, over 24 hours later, I received another identical email. My PayPal "account activity" shows the transaction under "Completed", but still the amount does not show in my bank. I used the exact same bank account as I did yesterday. There have been no special alerts or emails from PayPal to explain the reason for the hold. I have had very little experience dealing with PayPal on the receiving end; I have used it for years to purchase items and have had no problems. This "hold" business, however, is not acceptable to me. I was under the impression that Family and Friends money was accessible immediately. There is no product being sold or shipped, so it's not like someone is waiting for their purchase to arrive. I am interested to see if anyone has an answer for this, as most of the forum questions I've read on this topic have no answers posted. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.