FUND TRANSFER GONE WRONG!

mutester
New Community Member

Good day, i accidentally transfered my paypal money to card number or mastercard unfortunately it was already money transfered  successful. When i check it in the ATM machine there was no  funds added to my account i do know NOW that it needs to be transfered using a bank account and not the mastercard number. Question how can i get the money back to my paypal account? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @mutester. Thanks for taking the time to post your concern here on the PayPal Community Forum. I understand how a problem with a transfer to your bank would cause concern. Here's some information I hope will be helpful.

Based on what you mentioned, the withdrawal will be rejected by your financial institution. Using a card number instead of the checking account number or savings account number associated with your bank account will lead to that result.

My best recommendation is that you log on to your PayPal account and remove the bank account that has the incorrect information. That won't affect the process of returning money to your PayPal account. However, PayPal has no control over the banking system, so we have to wait alongside you for the money to be returned to our System.

In some cases, money is returned to PayPal within one to two weeks. It could take up to a month or more, however. Most importantly, though, PayPal does not have control over the process once a withdrawal shows as Completed in your Activity.

Once money arrives back in PayPal's System, though, it will be deposited back into your balance right away. Please keep an eye on your PayPal account since the entire process will be automatic and your balance will be updated when the money gets back to PayPal's System.

I hope this helps clarify things. Thanks for your patience as PayPal waits with you for the money to be returned to us.

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Chaz92
New Community Member
I transferred money from my bank to PayPal by accident. The money was supposed to go to a different account how do I stop the transfer to my PayPal account?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.