Expiration date I can't change

Lahcen1
Contributor
Contributor

So basically my card expired and i went to edit and apply the new expiration date that my bank gave me i wrote the new expiration date and the 3 digits when i click save its says This card is not accepted. Please use a different card. by the way the card is the same card just expiration date updated

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @Lahcen1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

Before editing the details of your card, please make sure that the card is active and with a minimum balance on otherwise our system may not recognise the card and may not accept it. If this is not the case, I would recommend removing the card from your 'Wallet' section and adding it again. 

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Lahcen1
Contributor
Contributor

I tried that but it didn't work i deleted it and wanted to add it again it's doesn't work too it's decline it ''Your card was declined by the card issuer. Please try a different card or contact your card issuer with questions.''

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Intars

Hi Lahcen1, 

Here are some common reasons why a card issuer would decline a card usage:

• There could be a limit on your card that has been exceeded.
  • It's possible that the card issuer could be temporarily unavailable to answer the authorisation request we sent.
  • Your credit card company could be blocking this card for security reasons as it doesn't fit your usage patterns.

I'd encourage you to contact your card issuer and speak to someone who deals with online transactions to find out why it was denied. Please note that the general customer service at your bank or card issuer may not be able to provide specific information on why your card was declined. You will need to contact the department in charge of online payments to obtain this information.

-Intars

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.