Establishing your new PayPal account

plannergyrlali
Contributor
Contributor
Hello! I am rather new to the community here and I have a rather new PayPal account which I have been working to establish a good standing on. My question is does anybody know approximately how many positive transactions one account needs with no negative occurrences in the meantime in order for your account to be established and your funds to stop being put on hold? Thanks so much in advance!!
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@plannergyrlali

Ebay new seller hold OR Paypals new seller hold?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

plannergyrlali
Contributor
Contributor
It would be new PayPal account holds/new PayPal seller holds 🙂 nothing to do with eBay. thanks for your reply!!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@plannergyrlali

In that case there is no 'exact' criteria to be met, its when paypal decides not to hold the funds anymore.

https://www.paypal.com/us/brc/article/funds-availability

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/why-is-my-payment-on-hold-or-unavailable-faq1987

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

plannergyrlali
Contributor
Contributor
I was afraid that was the answer I would find as everything I’ve read and come across has been very evasive! I totally understand why PayPal holds funds for new seller accounts I really do...I guess my issue with it is this... Upon researching why my funds continued to be held invoice after invoice after invoice this is what I found... “The good news is you can usually move out of this status by confirming your identity and building up a history of positive selling activity.” To me that is very vague as my identity is confirmed and I’ve had 15 positive transactions within the past not even 2 weeks with absolutely zero negative marks (ie refunds requested delayed shipments fraud etc) but even with that I’m still here like hoping each time a customer pays their invoice it shows funds availability rather than on hold but each time it’s held. Kind of feels I’m just going at it blind lol as there’s usually criteria lol criteria + criteria met = positive outcome in this case being there’s a set criteria that may differ from act to act but there’s still criteria set that we can now work toward to completing knowing completeing said criteria will establish your account and release your act from the holds process....sorry if I rambled there I knew what I was trying to say just didn’t know how to get it out lol I hope you get what I mean... I’ve even called PayPal to ask them before coming to the community...and my response from them was the same response I get anytime I call in about something, the person on the phone is sorry they can’t help me bc it’s an internal process that decides this or decides that or holds this or doesn’t hold that and there’s nothing said person on phone can do...I find that very odd as well why even have a call center when suposably everything is decided by this internal system no one can speak to or maybe make suggestions to basically no nigotiation and left knowing nothing at the end of call except the person I’m speaking with is sorry and can not help me it’s all determined by an internal system and my call is ended... doesn’t seem worthwhile to even have somebody on the other end to answer my call I have called in three times about three different topics or questions all different not relating to one another and that was the answer I got all three times but anyways it’s getting off topic here thank you so much for your reply I was just hoping like I said to maybe find some kind of criteria that I was not lucky enough to have found myself but apparently there is none and I guess I just wait for an email from PayPal telling me my account has not been established when PayPal decides that should happen LOL
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.