Error message

Panama1Davey
New Community Member

I have been trying to link a credit card and get the message "the city, state or zip code" is wrong. I have contacted the card company and the information I entered is correct. Every letter, number, spelling, capitalization is exactly the same. Identical. Spent (wasted) hours on the phone with PayPal only to be told the address does not match. Apparently, I am not the only one as I have seen others with similar situations. I need a resolution and hope someone can offer it.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Panama1Davey,

I'm sorry to hear that the information entered is not matching. Thank you for checking all the basics and ensuring that the information you entered matches exactly with what is listed in your card's registration. One other thing I can think of is to ask if the building was recently built. This is a long shot, but when I moved to a very newly built building, the registry used for confirming address verification for cards had not updated to include that address until some time later.

If that is not applicable in this situation, please reach out again to customer service to request that the issue and your account information can be escalated to technicians to review. There are some options for contact besides phone.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.