Erroneous Negative Balance

claudy069
New Community Member

Ok, so there's a negative balance in my PayPal Acct. I was paid some money back in December from a friend in Mexico that owed me that money. She deposited to my PayPal, ok everything fine there. Then, like a few days later she decided to claim back that money from her bank in Mexico so the bank asked PayPal to pay them back because they had made an error in the transaction. Well, PayPal returned the money and now I have that negative balance in my account. I've been trying to resolve this with my friend and her bank in Mexico, she said she never asked her bank to ask PayPay for a refund, the bank is saying it was a error and that they have contacted PayPal to resolve this issue. PayPal says they have not gotten anything from the Mexican bank and that if don't pay my negative balance it will go to collections. I do not know what to do  and I cannot find a "dispute balance" button or how to dispute this money that I do not owe. It was owed to me, she paid it and that should have been it, her bank messed up and now I paying consecuences. PLEASE HELP!!! PayPal is saying I have to pay.

Thanks everyone

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@claudy069 wrote:

Ok, so there's a negative balance in my PayPal Acct. I was paid some money back in December from a friend in Mexico that owed me that money. She deposited to my PayPal, ok everything fine there. Then, like a few days later she decided to claim back that money from her bank in Mexico so the bank asked PayPal to pay them back because they had made an error in the transaction. Well, PayPal returned the money and now I have that negative balance in my account. I've been trying to resolve this with my friend and her bank in Mexico, she said she never asked her bank to ask PayPay for a refund, the bank is saying it was a error and that they have contacted PayPal to resolve this issue. PayPal says they have not gotten anything from the Mexican bank and that if don't pay my negative balance it will go to collections. I do not know what to do  and I cannot find a "dispute balance" button or how to dispute this money that I do not owe. It was owed to me, she paid it and that should have been it, her bank messed up and now I paying consecuences. PLEASE HELP!!! PayPal is saying I have to pay.

Thanks everyone

I take it that your 'friend' was refunded this money since the bank reversed it to her account, so she should just pay you again. And you just pay the negative balance on the PayPal account to zero it out.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@claudy069 wrote:

Thanks everyone

I take it that your 'friend' was refunded this money since the bank reversed it to her account, so she should just pay you again. And you just pay the negative balance on the PayPal account to zero it out.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

PiggyK1020
Contributor
Contributor
No I didn't get the help I need
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.