Entering Withdraw amount in final currency, not currency of the balance.

mrkmmvl
Contributor
Contributor

When I try to withdraw money from my Paypal Balance (in USD) into my bank account (which is in GBP), I can only enter that I want to withdraw in USD, not in GPB which makes it extremely complicated when I have to send a specific amount in GBP.

This whole problem comes down to the following when trying to withdraw money:

I can edit the USD amount. I cannot edit the GBP amount. 

2.jpg

Let's say I have to send 1000£ to a bank account from my USD Paypal Balance.

Instead of Paypal letting me define that I want to receive 1000£, I can only enter how many $ it's going to be. So I have to first go in the currency converter, then see the daily exchange rate and then calculate by myself how many USD it would be to get exactly 1000£. 

As of today, the exchange rate USD to GBP in Paypal is 1$ = 0.0787£

Then I have to calculate £1000/0.787 = 127.0648$ This is the desired number I would think I need. But wait for it!

I then enter this number in the converter just to check. 

I then get 1000.02£ instead of exactly £1000! Why? The numbers don't even add up. 

Annotation 2020-06-30 143730.jpg

The final amount I had to eyeball was $1270.62 to get exactly 1000£.

This is ridiculous as I have to send payslips every month with an exact GBP amount and I have to go through this process every time.

When sending money within PayPal, I can simply enter the FINAL amount in whatever currency it is, and Paypal will automatically tell me how many $ it will take from my USD balance. 

I would love to know if anyone has a solution for this or if Paypal could please add the possibility to enter the desired final amount in the final Currency when withdrawing money.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.