Egypt and Paypal!

ModatherM
Contributor
Contributor

Hey everyone,
I would like to ask a question which i really need an answer for it so i can register a credit card, I have heard that paypal has some problems with our banks like Bank Masr and others which it can't accept their VISA, so which bank does the Paypal accept in Egypt and i can transfer the wallet money to the VISA without problems?
Regards!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@ModatherM

PayPal accounts in Egypt can use Visa, MasterCard, and American Express cards to make PayPal payments.

PayPal accounts in Egypt are able to withdraw funds to Visa cards issued in Egypt, or US bank accounts.

As for compatibility with a certain bank issued card for purchases and withdrawals; you're absolutely correct that some credit/debit cards issued in Egypt have issues with PayPal. I'm not sure if the issue of transactions not being processed is limited to PayPal payments or the persons account at the bank not being enabled for online purchases. It's because of these potential issues, that I don't want to tell you that this card or that card, does or doesn't work with PayPal.

It may be a good idea to contact banks before signing up for their card, and ask about PayPal being compatible.

With that being said, I believe that users in Egypt have been able to withdraw funds with Visa Classic cards issued by QNB Egypt, but I cannot say that you will absolutely be able to withdraw using a card issued by QNB Egypt.

What would really help is if users would follow up with what cards they have had success using for purchases and withdrawals.

Here is a PayPal link with details on how PayPal accounts in Egypt work.

https://www.paypal.com/eg/webapps/mpp/setup-to-receive-withdraw

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

ModatherM
Contributor
Contributor

So, No one can help me ?

Login to Me Too

Ekram_hadidi
Contributor
Contributor

hi i live in egypt too.

are you trying to register for a paypal credit card or a visa from your local bank? also if you check the supported countries in paypal website  you can see egypt there but you'll have to contact the local banks to assure if they have business relations with paypal.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@ModatherM

PayPal accounts in Egypt can use Visa, MasterCard, and American Express cards to make PayPal payments.

PayPal accounts in Egypt are able to withdraw funds to Visa cards issued in Egypt, or US bank accounts.

As for compatibility with a certain bank issued card for purchases and withdrawals; you're absolutely correct that some credit/debit cards issued in Egypt have issues with PayPal. I'm not sure if the issue of transactions not being processed is limited to PayPal payments or the persons account at the bank not being enabled for online purchases. It's because of these potential issues, that I don't want to tell you that this card or that card, does or doesn't work with PayPal.

It may be a good idea to contact banks before signing up for their card, and ask about PayPal being compatible.

With that being said, I believe that users in Egypt have been able to withdraw funds with Visa Classic cards issued by QNB Egypt, but I cannot say that you will absolutely be able to withdraw using a card issued by QNB Egypt.

What would really help is if users would follow up with what cards they have had success using for purchases and withdrawals.

Here is a PayPal link with details on how PayPal accounts in Egypt work.

https://www.paypal.com/eg/webapps/mpp/setup-to-receive-withdraw

Login to Me Too

ModatherM
Contributor
Contributor

@Oregon11

Okay, I got a VISA card from Egypt post and activated it on Paypal but till now i don't know if Paypal send the 1.50 dollars or no, and i didn't any mail saying that we have refunded you back the 1.50 even the bank told me we didn't receive it yet, so i want know what happened? also if someone send me money i will get notified ?

-----------
@Ekram_hadidi
As i know that Egypt post doesn't have any problem with Paypal so i got a VISA from there and it worked but the only problem was the 1.50 i don't know where they gone Smiley LOL

Login to Me Too

ModatherM
Contributor
Contributor

@Oregon11 wrote:

@ModatherM

Your card statement should show a code next to transaction if PayPal charges the card.

https://www.paypal.com/eg/selfhelp/article/common-issues-when-adding-debit-or-credit-cards-faq1680

https://www.paypal.com/eg/selfhelp/article/how-do-i-add-a-debit-or-credit-card-to-my-account-faq826

I already activated my account via that code and started to pay with paypal but i didn't receive 1.50 back idk why..

Login to Me Too

Sara_Ross
Hi there It would be very appreciated if you kind of clarify me what type of Egypt Post visa credit card did you use it to link your PayPal please. Does foreigners with a valid resident visa can get it from Egypt Post? Thank you in advancešŸ˜Š
Login to Me Too

Sara_Ross
Hi there It would be very appreciated if you kind of clarify me what type of Egypt Post visa credit card did you use it to link your PayPal please. Does foreigners with a valid resident visa can get it from Egypt Post? Thank you in advancešŸ˜Š
Login to Me Too

VetroMano
Contributor
Contributor
@orgegon Do you still use the QNB credit card for money withdrawal
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.