Ebay are holding my funds but I need money to pay for postage

leighH
New Community Member

Hello I am a new seller and so eBay are holding my funds

One parcel I am sending out is going to be tracked and signed for for 6.95

Buyer has paid me, but I can't access the 6.95 in order to pay for the postage

I could pay for it myself, but I'm worried that say it reaches the buyer and he turns around and wants a refund, I'll never get my 6.95 back

Is there anything I can do?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

if he opens a case on Ebay,as item not as described,Ebay Money back Guarantee (MBG) will ask him to return the item and you will pay for return postage.

Ebay will send him a return shipping label and when he takes it to the post office,and scanned,Ebay will charge your seller account for the postage.

when the item arrived,you will refund in 3 days,else Ebay will do it for you,it will refund in full ,including the 6.95 shipping.

So you will be paying for postage both ways and have your item back.

Ebay will refund your Ebay final value fee in full.

This is the way it works if you want to sell on EBAY.

if he does not open a case on Ebay,but just want to return,then it Is case of buyer remorse,and he shuld pay return shipping and you do not have to refund the original 6.95.

if he opens a case of item not as described on Paypal and win,he pays return shipping and you will refund in full (6.95 included)  

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

if you do not have the money to pay for shipping,you can ask Ebay to release part of the withheld payment so you can buy postage.

just call Ebay 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.