ENTERED DEBIT CARD NUMBER INSTEAD OF ACCOUNT NUMBER AT THE BACK OF THE CARD

mrdetz
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

Hope I will get a valid response for this problem. Let me say that I did a human-error which I linked a bank account to my paypal so that I can withdraw my funds. Unfortunately, I mistakenly inputted the debit card number (16-digit number in front) instead of the Account Number (card back numbers) and saved it. Paypal accepted it so I thought it's the correct details, but when I tried to withdraw my funds from Paypal to my linked ATM card with wrong account number, it processed and says completed but did not go in my bank account (because account number is wrong).
Questions is, how can I get back my money? Do I need to go to my bank provider or Paypal can do anything about this? Or will my money bounce back to my Paypal because the account details is wrong? 

Any response would be greatly appreciated! 

Thank You!!

Login to Me Too
176 REPLIES 176

mhayeng22
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Thank you for this.

How long have you waited for them to attend your concern through email?

I just sent them an email a while ago. 

Hopefully, I will be hearing from them soon.

Login to Me Too

jmartmej
Contributor
Contributor
You’ll get a response from them a day after you sent the email. I know it’s really frustrating but don’t worry, you’ll definitely get back your money. 🙂
Login to Me Too

jebopiana
Contributor
Contributor
How did you email them po?
Login to Me Too

katcampos
Contributor
Contributor
Hi mhayeng22, I contacted their fb chat support. They do reply within the day you sent the message. I tried emailing them yesterday but I haven’t got a response as of today.
Login to Me Too

mhayeng22
Contributor
Contributor

Hi katcampos, Thanks for this! I will chat them also in their fb account.

Login to Me Too

katcampos
Contributor
Contributor
I have just received word from paypal regarding the return of your money after it was not received in your bank. Here is their reply: Since it is a two way transaction, it could take longer than that. One way transaction could take 2-5 business days. I asked, even if the local bank has already flagged it as an incorrect account and they have reverted the money to paypal? The reply was: Yes, that is something we cannot control. We can only look for the missing funds once 14 business days have passed from the date of transaction. I’m trying to confirm because some of the users here did say it went back to their accounts after 5 days. And it is such a hassle to not have your money returned at a fairly reasonable amount of time. This is going to be the first and last use of paypal for me.
Login to Me Too

mykel_08
Contributor
Contributor

I got the same response from them (Paypal FB chat). I had the same problem and up until now, the amount wasn't reverted back to my Paypal account. Transaction date was November 29 and right now I'm still waiting.  Unfortunately, I have 2 transactions, the 2nd one was last December 4. It's Christmas and I needed these funds badly. Hoping there's a faster remedy for issues like these.

Login to Me Too

katcampos
Contributor
Contributor
Have you also emailed them mykel_08? I emailed them again today to ask for clarification. It’s just upsetting to not be able to talk to someone about the complaint and not get a fixed answer. I also need the funds. I wish they could make these errors easier to sort out and the money returned soon since the banks will not hold them if the account number is incorrect.
Login to Me Too

mykel_08
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I tried sending an email and told them about this issue but no luck, not even sure if their email support works. I also went to the bank (BDO) prior to reaching out to them but the bank representative just told me, there's no way they can verify it on their end. This back and forth steps to trace back your money takes time and it'll surely test your patience. Feels like waiting is the only option we have which is not really a pleasant experience at all. I hope they'll make the reversal process easier, faster, and more humanistic.

Login to Me Too

katcampos
Contributor
Contributor
Hi mykel_08, I do understand how you feel. And yes the only way is to wait. Let’s just update this topic from time to time so others can learn from what happened as well. I’ll post any updates once I get any progress hopefully soon.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.