ENTERED DEBIT CARD NUMBER INSTEAD OF ACCOUNT NUMBER AT THE BACK OF THE CARD

mrdetz
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

Hope I will get a valid response for this problem. Let me say that I did a human-error which I linked a bank account to my paypal so that I can withdraw my funds. Unfortunately, I mistakenly inputted the debit card number (16-digit number in front) instead of the Account Number (card back numbers) and saved it. Paypal accepted it so I thought it's the correct details, but when I tried to withdraw my funds from Paypal to my linked ATM card with wrong account number, it processed and says completed but did not go in my bank account (because account number is wrong).
Questions is, how can I get back my money? Do I need to go to my bank provider or Paypal can do anything about this? Or will my money bounce back to my Paypal because the account details is wrong? 

Any response would be greatly appreciated! 

Thank You!!

Login to Me Too
176 REPLIES 176

mrdetz
Contributor
Contributor
I just waited for several days. Did not do anything aside from asking the paypal CS.
Login to Me Too

haydeeelvie
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you!!!!! 😩
Login to Me Too

jmartmej
Contributor
Contributor
How were you able to get a hold of their CS po? I tried messaging them on facebook but all I received were automated responses. I also tried their HELP page but didn’t do much din. Did you call them po?
Login to Me Too

Jonel001
Contributor
Contributor
Hello . I have the same scenario. I mistakenly put the card number instead of the bank account. I already reported it and the replied to me DENY! And upon checking the transaction is complete. But havent receive any money from my bank cos I am sure it will not come because I put the card no. So i just want to ask if the money will bounce back to my paypal account automatically? Or what should I do? TY
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jonel001 

If the funds are declined by the card issuer then they should bounce back to your paypal balance.

Allow 14 working days and if no sign contact customer services for a trace?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SykBlitch24
Contributor
Contributor
Hello there did you get your money back? How many days did it take?
Login to Me Too

ShielaMae
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! Im experiencing the same situation rn, i hope you can shed some light on me too with what to expect.

Login to Me Too

haydeeelvie
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there! Your money will be refunded back to your paypal account in the next 5 business days minus the fee.
Login to Me Too

ShielaMae
Contributor
Contributor

If I did the transaction last March 29, should I wait 5 business days?

Login to Me Too

leidimae91

Hi, 

I'm experiencing the same problem here. They should really be more detailed with their instructions. I think they are making money out of these mistakes. -_-

Did the money bounce back to your paypal account already? Did you have to call Paypal for it to bounce back?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.