ENTERED DEBIT CARD NUMBER INSTEAD OF ACCOUNT NUMBER AT THE BACK OF THE CARD

mrdetz
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

Hope I will get a valid response for this problem. Let me say that I did a human-error which I linked a bank account to my paypal so that I can withdraw my funds. Unfortunately, I mistakenly inputted the debit card number (16-digit number in front) instead of the Account Number (card back numbers) and saved it. Paypal accepted it so I thought it's the correct details, but when I tried to withdraw my funds from Paypal to my linked ATM card with wrong account number, it processed and says completed but did not go in my bank account (because account number is wrong).
Questions is, how can I get back my money? Do I need to go to my bank provider or Paypal can do anything about this? Or will my money bounce back to my Paypal because the account details is wrong? 

Any response would be greatly appreciated! 

Thank You!!

Login to Me Too
176 REPLIES 176

qq1921
but how when it doesn't appear on my bank acc?
Login to Me Too

Franz92
Contributor
Contributor

got the same issue 😧

Login to Me Too

Kayle05
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. I'm new to PayPal and in the same situation right now. Were you able to get your money back?
Login to Me Too

Marynido
Contributor
Contributor
Hi have you received your money coz I encountered the same problem too 😞 how long does it take to reflect back on my paypal? I input my 16 digit card number than bank account. Please help me guys.
Login to Me Too

Franz92
Contributor
Contributor

this happen to me too.please paypal do a move.. i want my 500$ back Y_Y

Login to Me Too

terrybumolo
Contributor
Contributor

This happens to me just now. Reading the past post on this thread makes me think that this had happened many times now and paypal still doesn't update their method on linking bank accounts to paypal accounts. I guess all i can do now is wait.  

Login to Me Too

dalladirosa
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem, too; I already contact the bank and tell me they couldn't do anything and ask to contact PayPal.
I hope my money will be back soon. 😭

Login to Me Too

terrybumolo
Contributor
Contributor

Just got mine back after 2 weeks. Don't worry about it. 

Login to Me Too

dalladirosa
Contributor
Contributor

Guys it's only taking me only 5 days to get my money back 😀

Login to Me Too

2riheart
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I've encountered the same problem and just realized it on my 4th day after requesting a withdrawal. Is it 5 days after the "transfer completed" thing and is it automatically transferred to your paypal account back? Did you contact your bank or it automatically got refunded back to your paypal account?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.