ENTERED DEBIT CARD NUMBER INSTEAD OF ACCOUNT NUMBER AT THE BACK OF THE CARD

mrdetz
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

Hope I will get a valid response for this problem. Let me say that I did a human-error which I linked a bank account to my paypal so that I can withdraw my funds. Unfortunately, I mistakenly inputted the debit card number (16-digit number in front) instead of the Account Number (card back numbers) and saved it. Paypal accepted it so I thought it's the correct details, but when I tried to withdraw my funds from Paypal to my linked ATM card with wrong account number, it processed and says completed but did not go in my bank account (because account number is wrong).
Questions is, how can I get back my money? Do I need to go to my bank provider or Paypal can do anything about this? Or will my money bounce back to my Paypal because the account details is wrong? 

Any response would be greatly appreciated! 

Thank You!!

Login to Me Too
176 REPLIES 176

Jimmydude
Contributor
Contributor
Hi @Fanden. At first, what I did was message them on Facebook and sent them emails every other day. I advise you to keep disturbing them. And yes, just as what @katcampos said, give it about 14 business days and your funds will be reversed. Don’t worry, your money is safe. Happy new year to all!
Login to Me Too

Fanden
Contributor
Contributor
Hello im back with it again. Just gonna ask if it's unusual if i still haven't got my money reversed yet? It's been 8 days now well 9 days 4 hours from now. I already talk to a lot of PayPal "workers"? And i emailed them and talked to them in Facebook and they all have a different replies. Other replies says it will take 14 business days and the other says 5-7 business days but im on my 8th day now. And in email they said i will be getting my money back around Jan 22 not exact date but around that date. So im really confused right now, how many days y'all got your money reversed? 14 business days? 5-7? Or over 20 days. Because the date i made my wrong withdrawal was Dec 31 2019.
Login to Me Too

katcampos
Contributor
Contributor
Hi @Fanden , it’s 14 business days. It will also help if you keep asking and following up via email. They won’t notify you if the money has been reversed in your account. That’s what happened to me. So I had to keep chasing them for answers. Hope you’ll get yours sooner than later
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fanden 

@katcampos 

The 14 business days is country dependent and varies country to country.

Also hassling paypal won't make any difference as they can't credit you funds that they have not received back from the bank yet.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Fanden
Contributor
Contributor
Okay I'll just wait and see since there's nothing i can do anyways. I'll update this thread again if i ever got my money back. Thanks guys!
Login to Me Too

katcampos
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass @Fanden I would agree with @kernowlass . We were actually referring to bank transactions within the Philippines in particular, not anywhere else. My apologies if my reply was misleading anyone. As the discussions in this particular topic is all about the Philippine bank transactions thru Paypal. You can also check with your own local bank @Fanden as they should have at least an idea how Paypal & your bank process these.
Login to Me Too

Fanden
Contributor
Contributor
Well i already did that the only thing that my Bank told me is "we suggest that you coordinate with PayPal since they will be in a better position to advise regarding your remittance. You may coordinate with them for cancellation of your transaction due to incorrect account number" Which is kinda frustrating if you ask me because PayPal told me to email my Bank so i did. Then after i emailed my bank they're saying to email paypal, like seriously PayPal going hand me down to my Bank and my Bank gonna hand me down to PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Lora95
I feel you. That's the current issue I'm facing right now. I will never use paypal ever again. It's so tiring and frustrating
Login to Me Too

Anyzc_Naej
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. Thank you for this. What is Paypal’s Skype Name that I can call?
Login to Me Too

mykel_08
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone, surprisingly, I got my funds back! Both transactions - Nov 29 and Dec 4. After submitting the documents required, they really did a trace on my account and good thing, they returned it with no additional fees. It feels so great after being down and hopeless for many weeks lol.

Kidding aside, for your reference, please see the link: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_file-upload-or-fax-outside-resolution-centre&file_upload_.... Hope everyone who's going under the same situation will still keep their hopes up.

Happy holidays!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.