ENTERED DEBIT CARD NUMBER INSTEAD OF ACCOUNT NUMBER AT THE BACK OF THE CARD

mrdetz
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

Hope I will get a valid response for this problem. Let me say that I did a human-error which I linked a bank account to my paypal so that I can withdraw my funds. Unfortunately, I mistakenly inputted the debit card number (16-digit number in front) instead of the Account Number (card back numbers) and saved it. Paypal accepted it so I thought it's the correct details, but when I tried to withdraw my funds from Paypal to my linked ATM card with wrong account number, it processed and says completed but did not go in my bank account (because account number is wrong).
Questions is, how can I get back my money? Do I need to go to my bank provider or Paypal can do anything about this? Or will my money bounce back to my Paypal because the account details is wrong? 

Any response would be greatly appreciated! 

Thank You!!

Login to Me Too
176 REPLIES 176

Jowwh
Contributor
Contributor
Mine is paypal to bdo, i also made a mistake and it has been a month facing this issue. No updates and my 18k is still gone. 😭😭😭 Help me.
Login to Me Too

Gavko
New Community Member
Hi Jowwh, did you get your money back now? I have the same problem and my bank is bdo. Wondering if it will take more time for big amount like yours 😞
Login to Me Too

kentgongob
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Good evening what did you do and what bank? I hope you'll reply. Thank you @adrem2000 

Login to Me Too

Gavko
New Community Member
Hi adrem2000, i made the same mistake and i was wondering if the money you transferred is less than 10k or more than 20k. i read Jowwh’s comment here and he said it has been a month and he haven’t receive back his 18k.. 😞
Login to Me Too

chrlnnn
Contributor
Contributor
@adrem200 Hi. Did Paypal deduct any fee upon reversal?
Login to Me Too

sdgonatice
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! I encountered the same. Does this still work the same till now?

Login to Me Too

James_reuben
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have same scenario 😞 do i need to wait for the transaction to finish? im so dum i put the atm card number instead of my account number? and how many days should my money back to my paypal account? please help me guys.... thank you all

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.