ENTERED DEBIT CARD NUMBER INSTEAD OF ACCOUNT NUMBER AT THE BACK OF THE CARD

mrdetz
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

Hope I will get a valid response for this problem. Let me say that I did a human-error which I linked a bank account to my paypal so that I can withdraw my funds. Unfortunately, I mistakenly inputted the debit card number (16-digit number in front) instead of the Account Number (card back numbers) and saved it. Paypal accepted it so I thought it's the correct details, but when I tried to withdraw my funds from Paypal to my linked ATM card with wrong account number, it processed and says completed but did not go in my bank account (because account number is wrong).
Questions is, how can I get back my money? Do I need to go to my bank provider or Paypal can do anything about this? Or will my money bounce back to my Paypal because the account details is wrong? 

Any response would be greatly appreciated! 

Thank You!!

Login to Me Too
176 REPLIES 176

Mimbooh
Contributor
Contributor

Good day!

Try making a ticket on message center. They replied, told me I to way max 14 days. My money came back after 3days.

Login to Me Too

Shahani
Contributor
Contributor
I did but no response. Status from PayPal said it transfer was completed but I did not receive my money.
Login to Me Too

kentgongob
Contributor
Contributor

did you receive your money back @Shahani 

Login to Me Too

chrlnnn
Contributor
Contributor
Hi how do u do this?
Login to Me Too

adrem2000
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I encountered the same problem, too. May I know if this problem has been resolved? I really need the money now for my tuition, however, I am new to Paypal and I made an error inputting the card number instead of account number in transferring my money. I am hoping someone will be able to see this and help me.
Login to Me Too

Shahani
Contributor
Contributor

Don't worry, you will get your money back. Mine took 3 days.

Login to Me Too

adrem2000
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you, I so hope.
Login to Me Too

adrem2000
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, may I know what did you do to get your money back to your Paypal account? Or will it be automatically reversed? 

Login to Me Too

adrem2000
Contributor
Contributor
It has been four days and my money hasn't reversed to my Paypal yet. What should I do now?
Login to Me Too

adrem2000
Contributor
Contributor
I came here again to say that I already got my money back. It took 5 business days. So if you happen to have the same situation as mine, rest assured your money will be reversed to you after it is denied by the bank. I hope I make you feel relieved.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.