ENTERED DEBIT CARD NUMBER INSTEAD OF ACCOUNT NUMBER AT THE BACK OF THE CARD

mrdetz
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

Hope I will get a valid response for this problem. Let me say that I did a human-error which I linked a bank account to my paypal so that I can withdraw my funds. Unfortunately, I mistakenly inputted the debit card number (16-digit number in front) instead of the Account Number (card back numbers) and saved it. Paypal accepted it so I thought it's the correct details, but when I tried to withdraw my funds from Paypal to my linked ATM card with wrong account number, it processed and says completed but did not go in my bank account (because account number is wrong).
Questions is, how can I get back my money? Do I need to go to my bank provider or Paypal can do anything about this? Or will my money bounce back to my Paypal because the account details is wrong? 

Any response would be greatly appreciated! 

Thank You!!

Login to Me Too
176 REPLIES 176

Fanden
Contributor
Contributor
Contact them thru the "Email Us". If you're trying to contact them thru Facebook dont, because customer service in Facebook cannot help you well that's base on my experience. But like i said contact them thru their Email and if you got a automated reply in your email that's fine that's normal just wait for atleast 1-3 days and you'll get your reply but in this situation right now with the COVID around you'll get much delayed reply for atleast 4 or 5 i guess? And yes you will get your money back along with the deducted fee (But you need to make an another email for that for them to return your deducted fee after you've got your money back) In my experience it last for atleast 1 month or if you're lucky you'll get it back in 14 business days (Holiday and weekends doesn't count) So yeah best of luck and i can guarantee you that you will get your money back but you gonna need to extend your patience because i assure you it's going take a while.
Login to Me Too

JCR12
Contributor
Contributor

@Fanden thank you so much for your reply. Just worried to not get my money back. But yeah thanks for assuring me and for your time to help. 

Some of the people here in the community said you have to provide supporting documents? Do I really need to do that or just explain in email what happened then it will be fine? Thanks for the answers.

Login to Me Too

Fanden
Contributor
Contributor
@JCR12 Well me personally I didn't send a document, it isn't necessary to send a document but if you want to do it anyways you can follow their instructions to send a document. But that's up to you, you send them a document or not you will get the money back either way.
Login to Me Too

JCR12
Contributor
Contributor

Wow! Thanks for answering @Fanden .

How can I link my savings account in paypal? I tried registering it and paypal accepted it. But when going to transfer funds form, the banking account shows "checking". Does paypal accept savings account? Any help would be much appreciated 

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

VincentKim
Contributor
Contributor
sir even you dont email them it will automatic bounce back or you need to report it to them ?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JCR12 

A lot depends on what country you are in as in a lot of countries you can withdraw funds to a debit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

maegeneral
Contributor
Contributor

hello. I also encountered the same problem. I mistakenly put my CARD number instead of the ACCOUNT number but PayPal confirmed it. What should I do? Will it bounce back to my PayPal? If yes, how many days before it goes back? 

Any response would be helpful! Thank you so much.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@maegeneral 

If you added and confirmed a debit card then it should go through ok as you can withdraw to a debit card in the Philippines.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

maegeneral
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, it's already linked. Will the money still come through even if I mistakenly put my CARD number instead of my ACCOUNT number?

Login to Me Too

Jm_99
Contributor
Contributor
Hi! Has your money been refunded already? I'm also in the same situation right now. If so, what were the steps or process that you've undertake? Any help is highly appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.