ENTERED DEBIT CARD NUMBER INSTEAD OF ACCOUNT NUMBER AT THE BACK OF THE CARD

mrdetz
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

Hope I will get a valid response for this problem. Let me say that I did a human-error which I linked a bank account to my paypal so that I can withdraw my funds. Unfortunately, I mistakenly inputted the debit card number (16-digit number in front) instead of the Account Number (card back numbers) and saved it. Paypal accepted it so I thought it's the correct details, but when I tried to withdraw my funds from Paypal to my linked ATM card with wrong account number, it processed and says completed but did not go in my bank account (because account number is wrong).
Questions is, how can I get back my money? Do I need to go to my bank provider or Paypal can do anything about this? Or will my money bounce back to my Paypal because the account details is wrong? 

Any response would be greatly appreciated! 

Thank You!!

Login to Me Too
176 REPLIES 176

katcampos
Contributor
Contributor
Psyma913, I have been waiting since Dec. 4. I have emailed & messaged them on fb chat several times already. That is the last message I got as per my last post. No guarantee when the money will be returned to the Paypal account.
Login to Me Too

Jimmydude
Contributor
Contributor
Hi @katcampos. It’s me again. It seems like they’re saying the same thing, but different day. In my situation, I guess it would be pointless for them to consult my bank since they’ve already told me that nothing arrived from PayPal. I was even advised by my bank to go back and talk to PayPal (as what I’ve shared before).
Login to Me Too

katcampos
Contributor
Contributor
@Jimmydude, this company has a serious problem in dealing with money transfers. I did include in my reply to the email that they need to add strict parameters to ensure that the accounts are correct seeing this has happened a lot of times and not just a one-off thing. So my guess is I may not receive that money back to my Paypal account until January, they couldn’t even admit that.
Login to Me Too

serevomarkluder
Contributor
Contributor
Same situation with me, it’s been 26 business days. My funds is still not yet in my Paypal account. I have two transactions with Paypal. They also said to me they don’t know what is the exact timeframe also. I did go to my bank (BDO) they don’t see anything in my account. They advised me to email paypal once again. But, nothing is happening. I hope paypal should read this because i earned this money from hardwork
Login to Me Too

katcampos
Contributor
Contributor
@serevomarkluder I am sorry to hear that you’ve been waiting that long. Have you contacted Paypal again about it? My thoughts are to just keep pressing & asking them for answers because they won’t act unless we keep emailing or contacting them over and over. I will contact them on the date they said they will initiate the trace which is Dec.24. I suggest you continue emailing and/or sending fb messages.
Login to Me Too

mykel_08
Contributor
Contributor

I reached out to BDO for the 2nd time and talked to a representative from their customer service department and what transpired from our conversation is that they really cannot trace our funds due to an input error — using the debit card number instead of the account number. Per the representative, the Debit Card Number is meant for withdrawing funds while the Account Number is for receiving funds. Basically, the funds transferred to the debit card number will not go through since it's not meant to receive funds. What will happen then is that the funds will be on floating status on Paypal's issuing bank and from there we wait till Paypal's further notice. Based on your statement, their explanation coincides with Paypal's, which gives us an idea that this process will really take a long time and frustrated as we are, we have no option but to wait till they give it back to us. I hope, a moderator can look into this thread and give us a concrete solution instead of just reassurance. 

Login to Me Too

katcampos
Contributor
Contributor
@mykel_08 it just is sad that they are aware of this for such a long time and they never made any updates as to how people should enter their bank details AND/OR do something to speed up the process of the refund back to the Paypal account. It’s impossible that we are the only ones who have encountered this. The best solution is to just keep pressing on Paypal. Our banks cannot help as they have already returned the funds to Paypal. I hope they can fix this issue so the other new Paypal subscribers won’t have to go through this ordeal.
Login to Me Too

Jimmydude
Contributor
Contributor
Hi all. Still no updates on my funds too. That was actually my first pay since I just started this new job. Now, I recently got my second compensation. Even with entering the right details this time, I didn’t bother to risk transferring the funds. Plus, I don’t want to wait on those clearing days. What I did was I withdrew using G Cash since I linked it to my PayPal. I got the money in an instant also without paying a 50php fee. Before doing such, you will have to convert the money if it’s in a different currency. Just sharing just in case you don’t know. All the best!
Login to Me Too

katcampos
Contributor
Contributor
@Jimmydude thanks for sharing. That’s what I intend to do when I do get the money back in my account hopefully soon.
Login to Me Too

SykBlitch24
Contributor
Contributor
@katcampos did you receive your refund already?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.