ENTERED DEBIT CARD NUMBER INSTEAD OF ACCOUNT NUMBER AT THE BACK OF THE CARD

mrdetz
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

Hope I will get a valid response for this problem. Let me say that I did a human-error which I linked a bank account to my paypal so that I can withdraw my funds. Unfortunately, I mistakenly inputted the debit card number (16-digit number in front) instead of the Account Number (card back numbers) and saved it. Paypal accepted it so I thought it's the correct details, but when I tried to withdraw my funds from Paypal to my linked ATM card with wrong account number, it processed and says completed but did not go in my bank account (because account number is wrong).
Questions is, how can I get back my money? Do I need to go to my bank provider or Paypal can do anything about this? Or will my money bounce back to my Paypal because the account details is wrong? 

Any response would be greatly appreciated! 

Thank You!!

Login to Me Too
176 REPLIES 176

Nniah26
Contributor
Contributor
Did your money bounce back? Gow many days?
Login to Me Too

haydeeelvie
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

Yes, my money bounced back after few days. I tried calling calling Paypal and they said the transaction is with my bank's end. After a few more days, the money was returned minus the indicated Paypal fee for incorrect account information.

Login to Me Too

Joseph81
New Community Member

Hi, i have the same problem. It's been 4 days now since the paypal said transfer to my bank was completed. Until now it has not bounced back yet to my paypal account. How many days did your money bounced back to your account? Thank you.

Login to Me Too

haydeeelvie
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, they said it would take 7 - 14 business days and that does not include weekends. You'll receive your balance shortly and if not after 14 days, you have to escalate it to Paypal. 

@Joseph81 wrote:

Hi, i have the same problem. It's been 4 days now since the paypal said transfer to my bank was completed. Until now it has not bounced back yet to my paypal account. How many days did your money bounced back to your account? Thank you.

Login to Me Too

ZalmaRhea

how much is the paypal fee for incorrect account information?

Login to Me Too

Jimmydude
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there! Do you think this system still applies in 2019? I’m experiencing where you’ve been through now. My bank is BDO.
Login to Me Too

ann0611
Contributor
Contributor

hi @mrdetz 

What did you do ? did you call customer service ? or email them 

Login to Me Too

kpjprd
Contributor
Contributor

Did your money came back?

Login to Me Too

BilionMan
Contributor
Contributor

<removed>

Login to Me Too

kendrickdy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have the same situation here. May I know which bank u had a problem with so I can feel a little bit more relieved. Im from the PH too. 

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.