ENTERED DEBIT CARD NUMBER INSTEAD OF ACCOUNT NUMBER AT THE BACK OF THE CARD

mrdetz
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

Hope I will get a valid response for this problem. Let me say that I did a human-error which I linked a bank account to my paypal so that I can withdraw my funds. Unfortunately, I mistakenly inputted the debit card number (16-digit number in front) instead of the Account Number (card back numbers) and saved it. Paypal accepted it so I thought it's the correct details, but when I tried to withdraw my funds from Paypal to my linked ATM card with wrong account number, it processed and says completed but did not go in my bank account (because account number is wrong).
Questions is, how can I get back my money? Do I need to go to my bank provider or Paypal can do anything about this? Or will my money bounce back to my Paypal because the account details is wrong? 

Any response would be greatly appreciated! 

Thank You!!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@maegeneral 

If you added and confirmed a debit card then it should go through ok as you can withdraw to a debit card in the Philippines.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
176 REPLIES 176

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mrdetz

As long as that number does not belong to a bank account then it should bounce back, allow 30 days and you may get charged a 'failure fee'.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mrdetz
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

Thank you for the response! Appreciate it! 
I'm sure that the account number does not exists because it's the card number of my debit card (hoping that it's unique and since paypal asked also for the specific bank provider when I linked my card).

Will just wait for the said span of time that you mentioned if will call Paypal if the money does not bounce back. 

Thank you again! 

Login to Me Too

Jonel001
Contributor
Contributor
Hi regarding this. Did you receive back the money? Cos I have a similar scenario now. I mistakenly put the card number instead of my bank account number. And its showing the transaction is complete. Please help me. TY
Login to Me Too

Hi! Im in this situation now. It's been 4 days now and my money still hasn't returned on my paypal. Did you receive your money back?
Login to Me Too

haydeeelvie
Contributor
Contributor
hello, i had the same situation and i just want to know if you were able to get your money back? what steps did you do? Thanks.
Login to Me Too

mrdetz
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, Yes, just got the refund from my bank account to my paypal. Though they charged me 250.00 pesos. For my part, I waited 3 or 4 business days before the money bounced back. If you have the same situation, rest assured the money will bounce back to your paypal. Thanks.
Login to Me Too

haydeeelvie
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the reply! You replied faster than Paypal's CS!!!!! SMH 😩 I just hope I would get my money back before this week ends 😩
Login to Me Too

mrdetz
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah, the paypal CS took some time to attend my inquiries too. If you made the transaction yesterday, there's a big chance that you can get the money back before the week ends.
Login to Me Too

haydeeelvie
Contributor
Contributor
Did you do anything to have the money back to your account? Or it was just refunded after a few days with a fee?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.