E-BRC (Bank Realization Certificate) for Payments received through PayPal

Sammir87
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Sir,

We are an Indian Service Exporters and receiving payments through PayPal. The Indian Regulations makes it compulsory to obtain E-BRC for Exports. 

PayPal has tie up with CITI Bank and CITI bank Provides FIRC Advice. However, CITI Bank is not providing E-BRC for this receipts. My Banks (HDFC and Bank of India) have also refused to issue E-BRC as they have received amount in INR from CITI Bank.

Please guide in this matter; how to obtain E-BRC; whether CITI Bank should provide it or my Bank.

Most of the exporters using PayPal must be facing this issue.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

ParamjitGulati
Contributor
Contributor
Hello Sameer ji, do you get any solution about the realisation of ebrc? As we are also facing the same problem, if possible please share the solution, or if possible share your number as my numbe[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] do contact as per your convenience, hope to get your response, thanks in advance.
Login to Me Too

LovenishBansal
New Community Member

I just contacted with them.. they do issue eBRC..I believe we should write to RBI how they are getting inward remittance and checking genuineness of transaction. 

Login to Me Too

Gehna
Contributor
Contributor

RBI Never Give Any Reply on any issues with PayPal.

We also filed the same issue with RBI but from last 3 months no one has answered the concern.

When PayPal money is landing in India and in Foreign currency then it is transferred to sellers (Via Citi Bank) what is the problem issuing E-BRC?

But no one is there who can answer this question.

Login to Me Too

kishanbarai
New Community Member

Kindly watch <Removed>

It might really help to solve your eBRC case for E-Commerce Export

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.