Duplicate pending deposits from my bank account

geoear
Contributor
Contributor

I recently sent money to PayPal, from my bank account. Somehow the transaction was duplicated, same amount, date and time, but different Transaction IDs. The problem is PayPal won't let me cancel anything until it is no longer pending. Because they are both pending, I can't send either transaction back to my bank, but I don't have any money left in my account. I need to be able to cancel one, in order to have sufficient funds in my bank to complete the other.

Any suggestions? Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@geoear 

You can't cancel a processing bank transfer which goes via the slowest echeque ie electronic transfer method, once left your bank account can take 3-5 business days to hit your paypal balance.

If there are insufficient funds for the second then either your bank will refuse to let you have an overdraft OR they will allow the payment to go through and charge you a NSF charge.

Either way paypal can't do anything as they don't have the money to do anything with and they can't cancel a bank transfer you have initiated unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.