Does paying with a bank account count as an electronic transfer or online purchase?

st44q
New Community Member

I am going to be making a fairly large purchase soon, about $1340 CAD, and I want to do it through my Paypal account so that I have good buyer protection. Since I normally keep my Paypal account empty, almost all of that will be coming from my bank account.

My bank account has a $1000/day limit for direct payments, a $1000/day limit for online purchases, and a $3000/day limit for electronic transfers. If it matters, I'm on Scotiabank. I'm worried that paying through Paypal will count as an online purchase or direct payment, and may hit me with some fees in addition to the transaction being cancelled. Furthermore, I do not own a credit card - instead, I use my Visa debit. So, if my bank declines the payment, they'll certainly decline that too. I'm very concerned about getting hit with fees.

The safest option would be to transfer $1k to my Paypal and then have it take the rest from my bank account on a different day, but then I'd have to wait for the payment to transfer.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.