Does Paypal CS Always Take THIS Long?

joy2021
Contributor
Contributor

As a new Paypal user, I mean, how long do they hold up your funds just to verify you? I am nervous, having sending them my SS card and DL, and they take days on end to even allow me to use a little bit of money my daughter sent me to help me out in a crisis. Seems a bit scary and ridiculous for being the size company they are

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@joy2021 

Its down to how the payment was SENT to an account.

1. If sent using money > goods / services option then paypal would see the recipient as a seller and apply the new seller hold. They would also charge a fee.

2. If sent using the send money > family / friends option then the recipient would have the payment instantly (as long as it wasn't an echeque pending with a clearance date) with no fee. (However that option is not available in every country).

There are however some occasions where friends / family payments are held for reviews but these are normally only 24 hours.

If she used option 1 then read the link.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/my-payment-is-on-hold.-why-is-this-happening-faq3297

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@joy2021 

Its down to how the payment was SENT to an account.

1. If sent using money > goods / services option then paypal would see the recipient as a seller and apply the new seller hold. They would also charge a fee.

2. If sent using the send money > family / friends option then the recipient would have the payment instantly (as long as it wasn't an echeque pending with a clearance date) with no fee. (However that option is not available in every country).

There are however some occasions where friends / family payments are held for reviews but these are normally only 24 hours.

If she used option 1 then read the link.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/my-payment-is-on-hold.-why-is-this-happening-faq3297

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.