Does PayPal accept banks in the Turks and Caicos Islands?

jtinprovo2019
New Community Member

Does PayPal accept banks in the Turks and Caicos Islands?  I'm trying to make a payment with a Scotiabank debit card...

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @jtinprovo2019,

Thank you for your post. The capabilities of a PayPal account will vary from country or region to country or region. Accounts in the Turks and Caicos Islands may add cards that have been issued locally, or a US bank account. A local bank account may not be added. If a US bank account is being used, it cannot be a virtual bank account.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Does Olivia’s reply mean that ONLY a local card can be linked? I was told that any Visa card could be linked (and confirmed)

can anybody clarify that as of Sept 2020?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anonymous_User 

Any VISA card issued in your country with a billing address that matches your paypal account address.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick response. I have linked my Paypal Business account in Turks and Caicos to a Visa card issued in another country. I am waiting for the verification/confirmation code to arrive along with the transaction. I was told this is all OK. Are you saying that the confirmation will fail? Surely, PayPal can take the verification transaction from any Visa card?

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Now I’m totally confused. 

According to: 
PayPal Receive Funds and Automatic Transfer Agreement
at

1. In order to receive payments into your PayPal account, you must link your US bank account or Visa credit card to your PayPal account and complete PayPal’s credit card and/or bank account verification process.

— this is for a list of countries that includes Turks and Caicos. Note that the agreement is saying ‘Visa credit card’ So they are not specifying a ‘local’ card, but they are saying ‘credit card’, which appears to exclude debit cards.

conflicting information everywhere — is there a definitive answer

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.