Disputes

Chris261
New Community Member

When transferring money to my X I read do it faster by using a bank account. I added X's bank information thinking it would help transfer money more quickly. I than realized the information needed was referring to me inputting my bank information. I assumed it would be simple to just cancel the bank information and show my ID. I was very wrong. I was told by Pay Pal I would need to get access to my now EX wife's bank account to validate my own account. How stupid does that sound? I spoke to customer service on the phone and even asked to speak with a manger and was told to hold on. 15 minutes later I hung up. I will never use Pay Pal because utilmaly you are holding $100 of my money and won't release it. Imagine if it was thousands? Never. Good day. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chris261 

Paypal is 'country specific' so advice often depends on what country you are in. As you have not added your country to your community profile or said in your post then we can't help at the moment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chris261 

Since you added your ex wife account, it/your account has to be validated. It's security thing. Tell your ex that you were trying to send her money but put her bank account info instead of yours by mistake and can't send her money until the situation is fixed. She should be able to help you out.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.