Discover bank account

Zenopia
New Community Member

Does Paypal transfer to a Discover banking account?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@Zenopia

There might be issues linking a virtual type of bank account like this.

Here is a PayPal link with details.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/why-can%27t-i-link-a-bank-account-to-my-paypal-account-f...

Login to Me Too

speedingcheetah
Contributor
Contributor

I am getting the following error when I try to link my new checking account:

"We're sorry. We're not able to process your request right now. Please try again later."

Is paypal having issues? Or is this happening because the bank account is less than 30 days old?

Discover is a REAL bank. They have physical locations and also is a huge credit card based side as well.

I also find via Google Search pages that report Discover and PayPal have some "Deal" so I know they work together.

Login to Me Too

Lpwolfe
Contributor
Contributor
I cannot connect mine either
Login to Me Too

speedingcheetah
Contributor
Contributor

This old post now....I was able to connect my Discover account just fine....after calling into to PayPal support and they did something.

Login to Me Too

Lpwolfe
Contributor
Contributor
What did they do? They keep telling me that PayPal is blocking it for some reason and they don't know why
Login to Me Too

speedingcheetah
Contributor
Contributor

You have to do the thing where it does 2 random under $1 deposits into the Discover checking account...

U wait until they show up as transactions in your account, can take a 1 to 3 bussines days.

Then u go back into paypal and enter in those deposit amounts.

The instructions were not at all clear on that, so i entered in wrong amount thinking i was setting my own amounts to deposit and it failed and required i call in.

I told the rep what i did and they just fixed it. took less then a min.

Checking account is now linked and works fine for me.

Your situation may be different however.

Login to Me Too

cx182
New Community Member

I had this problem today also.  But I saw that I hadn't added any funds to the Discover account yet (I was waiting to connect my PayPal, go figure.) So I transferred money from my Uber earnings to the debit card, and I was then able to connect the Discover Debit card.  If it isn't working, try adding funds and trying again. Hope that helps everyone.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.