Direct Debit - Add Balance - Bank Account - Insufficient Funds - Payment

CS55
New Community Member

Hello, 

I wanted to add money to my paypal balance directly debiting from my bank account, only to receive a a confirmation email that it will take up to 14 business days (incredible).  I therefore tried to cancel the pending transaction, and was unable to (via the website or via paypal customer service....again, incredible).  

The payment did not go through and paypal received a "insufficient funds" message from my bank.  I called paypal to make sure the transaction would not be attempted again, and they said there was no way to cancel it, and that the amount would be attempted to be debited again, 3 days later, and if that doesnt go through, a third and final time, 3 days after that.

The initial failed attempt is now over a week ago, and no 2nd attempt has yet been made.  The pending transaction for the debit is listed as "failed" under my paypal transactions, and therefore, it appears it will not be attempted to be debited again.

Naturally, I would like to confirm this, before moving the money again, and occuring another "insufficient funds" charge from my bank.

Can anyone clarify their own experience in this regard?  Will the funds be attempted to be withdrawn again, or because it is now stated as "failed" is the pending transaction cancelled?

My sincere thanks in advance, as the paypal customer service has provided such polarizing information, I can not really be sure about anything.

Best,

CS

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.