Digital Artist: "Payment ON HOLD"

caszi
New Community Member

Hello. So here's my situation and I really hope anyone could help me out.

To put it simply, I'm a 2D Digital Artist, and I started taking commissions, and uses Paypal as a payment method. My first payment to receive was on June 30.

These days, I've been getting a lot of on hold payment. I tried the "get your funds" option and stated that it IS a digital goods, so it does not need any shipment or anything. I tried updating it to COMPLETED and it says "You have recently updated your order information. You’ll get your money within 7 days of verification." but my other friends says it doesn't take 7 days but LONGER than that.

I also tried talking to my client to confirm the receipt but they said there's no such thing as that button and it states as "completed" to them.

I hope someone can tell me if there's any way to get my funds faster because I really need the money URGENT. 

PS. I don't have a bank account or credit card to link on my account.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi @caszi,

We appreciate your concern with needing access to your funds. This sounds like a hold is being placed on your payments. We may place a temporary hold on some payments if you're new to selling with PayPal, if a dispute has been filed against you, or if we have questions regarding your transaction history. 

As you are not shipping the items, you should just mark the transaction as 'processed' to try speed up the release. You can learn more about this process here: https://www.paypal.com/ph/smarthelp/article/as-a-new-seller%2C-can-i-access-my-funds-earlier--faq288...

Hope this helps and apologies for any inconvenience. Once you have an established history built up, your funds will become available immediately. 

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.