Depop pending payment

Lukebrace3
Contributor
Contributor
I have sold an item on depop.The money is on hold. I’m not sure weather to send the package whilst the money is on hold or to wait for it to go through.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lukebrace3 

It tells you how to get your funds released though..............

the payment will typically be available to you within 21 days after receipt (the funds may not be released until later in the day). To get your payments released sooner, use trackable delivery with any of our approved delivery companies and enter the tracking details on your Activities page. We’ll usually release your payment 1 day after delivery is confirmed. If your buyer confirms they've received the item, your payment will be released immediately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lukebrace3 

As you have not added your country to your community profile or said in your post then we can't help at the moment (Paypal varies a lot country to country).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Lukebrace3
Contributor
Contributor
United Kingdom
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lukebrace3 

As long as the funds are SHOWING in your paypal balance but pending under the new seller hold then this link should give you the info you need.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/why-is-my-payment-on-hold-or-unavailable-faq1987

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Lukebrace3
Contributor
Contributor
The money is in my paypal but under “On Hold” So i shouldn’t send it
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lukebrace3 

Did you bother to read the link?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Lukebrace3
Contributor
Contributor
Yes,But it doesn’t clarify weather to send or hold a package when a payment is pending
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lukebrace3 

It tells you how to get your funds released though..............

the payment will typically be available to you within 21 days after receipt (the funds may not be released until later in the day). To get your payments released sooner, use trackable delivery with any of our approved delivery companies and enter the tracking details on your Activities page. We’ll usually release your payment 1 day after delivery is confirmed. If your buyer confirms they've received the item, your payment will be released immediately.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

AmyE248
Contributor
Contributor

That was my question. I am not a new seller and my account has been verified since the begining. So I cannot understand why my funds from my buyer are still "pending" and I do not usually ship until my funds are cleared.

When I was a new seller on eBay my funds were on hold until the item was delivered, but that was only for the first few months I believe.

This time it was an independent sale in which I had to send an invoice, but I am no longer a new seller.

With all the scams that are going around I am afraid to ship the item which was $350.00. And now with the new COVID issues we can no longer speak with a live representative no matter what we do! I find this very troublesome and unprofessional that we cannot speak to ANYONE!

I'm at a complete loss on what to do! I cannot get any answers...

Login to Me Too

Ceelee98
New Community Member
I’m having to same issue in Australia. They refuse to tell me why they are holding my funds regardless of the fact I sold a lot through them before and had no issue. They have now started ‘verifying’ my withdrawals which take 72 hours on top of the 5-7 day ‘funds to appear in account’. I’m selling a dress worth $350 as well and I don’t think I’ll be doing it through PayPal, will organise with the buyer outside of the app as I’m strongly considering not using PayPal and Depop anymore because of this. I was told by in the chat section that the money isn’t mine until they have the product and won’t respond regarding what would happen if the parcel was lost, they keep avoiding it and saying generic statements I already am aware of. Honestly think I’ll report it to consumer affairs as their policy makes zero sense. Good luck with it!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.