Depop payment on hold

atsvetanova95
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I am a relatively new seller on Depop, but I have sold at least 11 items in the past 3 months. On 31/10/19 I sold something for £70 and then for £10 and the money from both transactions is on hold! I have printed out the postage labels then a message from PayPal popped saying "you'll get your money within one day of delivery." - it has been 5 days since both buyers have received their goods and they've even left 5* feedback on my Depop page.. the money though is still on hold! I asked the buyers and they said the money has gone out of their bank accounts for sure. There's also an option to provide tracking, but I only sent them with 1st class (no tracking info available). Ever since then, I've sold at least 5 more items and the funds were available immediately. So I want to know if not '1 day after delivery' then, when is PayPal going to release my funds??? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@atsvetanova95 

Tracking has to show delivery + 1 day.

If you haven't provided tracking then its 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

atsvetanova95
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

Thank you for your advise. So even though PayPal says "You have successfully updated the shipping information. You'll get your money within 1 day of delivery." after it offered me to print the labels (in order to speed up the process of money release), it's still going to be 21 days from the day of purchase? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@atsvetanova95 

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/faq3743

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.