Denied - transfer to bank

DavidRintoul
Contributor
Contributor

I tried transferring some of of my PayPay balance to my bank account, and I get the error message "Denied - transfer to bank."  The bank account is verified.  What can I do to fix this?

Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

is the fund free to transfer?

Login to Me Too

samihlt
Contributor
Contributor

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@samihlt

@DavidRintoul

Sounds as if the name on the bank account and the name on the paypal account did not match?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

@kernowlass wrote:

@samihlt

@DavidRintoul

Sounds as if the name on the bank account and the name on the paypal account did not match?

he said the bank account has been verified.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nevadasmith

They can verify it.

The name check is done by the bank when they try and withdraw the funds.

Each time you make a transfer request, PayPal automatically includes your registered name with your bank information.

If the name on your bank account is different in any way, you may need to contact your bank to verify their requirements to successfully complete electronic funds transfers.

https://www.paypal.com/gf/smarthelp/article/what-if-the-name-on-my-paypal-account-and-bank-account-a...

Thats why some bank transfers are DENIED even though the bank account is verified.

All verification does is make sure that you own the account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

samihlt
Contributor
Contributor

Nothing in my bank account or paypal account information changed. until last month i used the same information to send money from paypal to bank (TD bank). now for a couple of weeks i get denied

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@samihlt

Have you had a failed bank transfer recently?

Have you had a negative balance recently?

What country are you in?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Chorabora
Contributor
Contributor

Did you figure out what happen or what to do? I have the same issue and can't find any answers. PLease let me know if you made any progress.

Login to Me Too

prans
New Community Member

no it has a fee

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.