Denied - transfer to bank

DavidRintoul
Contributor
Contributor

I tried transferring some of of my PayPay balance to my bank account, and I get the error message "Denied - transfer to bank."  The bank account is verified.  What can I do to fix this?

Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

Kappaz
Contributor
Contributor

Standard is all I ever use. I'll try again in a few days since I made multiple attempts. 

Login to Me Too

Kc_2001_nicole
Contributor
Contributor
Did you get tour money back it declined my instant and took the money. The contact us on PayPal isn't even working so I don't know what is going on.
Login to Me Too

sirshaun
Contributor
Contributor
I would suggest using another payment processor like square. After my experience I have started using them without any issues. There is funny business going on.
Login to Me Too

clathan
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve been trying to get my money for two weeks. I’ve been declined several times. My bank says they haven’t seen any of the transfers. I just deleted my bank info and asked them to send a check. It’s almost like it’s a scam to make sure you have to pay a fee if you chose the free bank transfer option.
Login to Me Too

Davidborn2

I just experienced this issue as well. I've transferred to this bank account for years with no issue. Now all of a sudden my balance is $0 and my transfer was "denied". I will be calling PayPal and my bank tomorrow regardless, but it's very disheartening to see everyone experiencing this issue and no one at    

PayPal seems to be coming to resolve this issue for us.

Just gonna leave this here. https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/

Login to Me Too

clathan
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for that link. I found it very cathartic.

Login to Me Too

budleigh
New Community Member

This is also happening to me, but using standard (not instant). The lack of clarifying information is abhorrent. There's absolutely no indication for why it would fail - the bank account is validated. This sounds like a bug more than anything.

Does PayPal respond to these posts? They shouldn't be messing with people's money at a time like this, it could be critical to livelihood.

Login to Me Too

Kappaz
Contributor
Contributor

They don't seem to respond. My transfer ended up working after waiting a week, but who knows why it failed in the first place. There seems to be no rhyme or reason. This could very well happen again in the future. Extremely frustrating to say the least. 

Login to Me Too

clathan
Contributor
Contributor

I never tried "Instant". I was finally able to get my money by requesting a check but that took about 10 days and they charged the same fee as an "Instant" transfer.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.