Denied - transfer to bank

DavidRintoul
Contributor
Contributor

I tried transferring some of of my PayPay balance to my bank account, and I get the error message "Denied - transfer to bank."  The bank account is verified.  What can I do to fix this?

Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

FrankM2
New Community Member

Why not

Login to Me Too

rortega2
New Community Member

I've had temporary limitations set on my account about every day for a whole week when trying to make transfer.  I kept uploading the same bank statement each time in order to get unlocked.  Now I'm not able to make transfers, last I call support they said I had to wait 24 hours for the updates they did to take effect, but it sounded more like, "We're not sure what's going on, I'll just say need to wait 24 hours, tomorrow customer will get another service rep and so I won't need to deal with this at this moment".

Login to Me Too

sirshaun
Contributor
Contributor

This is similar to what happened to me today.  

Login to Me Too

Brian-Hollander
New Community Member

Same Problem. Was notified that funds were available. Tried to transfer to same bank account I have used for years. Denied! Contacted support several times. They keep telling me that there was some security issue and to try again in 24 hours. No one can tell me how transferring MY money to a long standing verified bank account is a security risk. No one seems to be able to do anything about it, or explain what the problem is. They just say it is automatic and nothing can be done other than wait 24 hours and try again. Now they tell me that every time I try to transfer my funds increases the hold time. If I try again in 24 hours and it is again denied then what???????????

Login to Me Too

phersaken
New Community Member
Ditto me on this. I am having the same exact problem except now customer service is closed and there is no one to help resolve my issue. Any ideas??? Please!!!
Login to Me Too

TheScott1
Contributor
Contributor
Are you able to get money? I’m having same issue and PayPal getting nightmares where all business depend on it !
Login to Me Too

DecoyJoe
Contributor
Contributor

Just started to get this issue just about two, three hours ago and I need the money to ship things I have sold. I tried instant transfer four times and it failed every time and when I did normal transfer it "worked" but I do not know if it actually worked, wont know for a few days.

If it increases the time required to unlock the account by 24 hours with each attempt then wow. I am kind of **bleep**.

Login to Me Too

ADowning1
Contributor
Contributor

Are there no solutions to this issue yet? 

I haven't seen a single person explain how this was resolved or followed up on this. 

Login to Me Too

Kappaz
Contributor
Contributor
I’d like to know as well. I just started having this issue out the blue yesterday. I sent a message to customer service but they were no help.
Login to Me Too

DecoyJoe
Contributor
Contributor

I tried using "standard" transfer instead of instant and it went through and after a week instant started working again. It seems the more times you attempt to transfer funds and it fails the longer the wait will be for you to be able to transfer funds. I think its 24 hours per attempt? Not sure.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.