Deleted my PayPal account and made a new one. Problems linking PayPal to my bank account.

Kosta72

So i found out the hard way that PayPalMe URL names can not be changed. No warnings or anything. Very badly done by PayPal. Eventually i thought about deleting my PayPal account completely, which i did, and now when i made a brand new account it wont allow me to connect it to my bank account because it says "you already have a paypal account connected to this bank account and you can only have one"... But i do not! I deleted my PalPal account remember? All this just to change a PayPalMe URL name and now i cant use PayPal AT ALL. 

I hope there is something that can be done. If not then i at least need PayPal to remove the link from PayPal to my bank account. If i deleted my PayPal account there shouldnt be any links from PayPal to my bank.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @Kosta72. The experience you described is certainly not what PayPal wants for customers. I hope the following information is helpful.

At this time, it's true that PayPal.me usernames can't be edited. PayPal works hard every day, however, trying to improve the service. There is no specific timetable I can give you for improvements, but PayPal understands that not being able to change a PayPal.me username is a pain point. Please watch for updates.

To address the situation with your bank account, it will be necessary to ask you to contact PayPal via one of our regular Customer Service channels. The Community Forum is generally for members to communicate with each other, but even when a PayPal Representative replies to a message here we can't review or take action on a customer's account. I'm sorry for any inconvenience that poses.

To call PayPal or send an email, please log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page. You may also use Facebook Messenger or Twitter (send a DM to @AskPayPal).

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.