Debt Collection Letter

TrevorJones
Contributor
Contributor

I was sent a letter from Covergent stating that Paypal Inc has sent a creditor to collect debt. The debt stating that I owed $40.00. However my current paypal balance was and is $0 and all my previous statements state that my blanance is also $0. I never received an email stating that I owed money from paypal nor did they ever state that I was in debt. Do I still have to pay or is it a scam?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

zzz3
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same issue and figured out how to handle it and have the debt removed through legal recourse. If you can send me an email at <removed>. I can help try to help you with it as well. 

Login to Me Too

zzz3
Contributor
Contributor

@TrevorJones I am an attorney, I’m currently investigating the conduct you described, would you like to schedule a time to have  a phone conversation about your experiences as part of my investigation?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Cristina

Hi zzz3,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

I am sorry about your issue. If your balance is zero, you don't need to worry. You may contact directly the office indicated in the letter you have received.

For further assistance, please contact us by clicking 'Help & Contact' at the bottom of the PayPal homepage so that we can look into this further. You may reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.