Debit card transfer disappeared

whitewolf2
Contributor
Contributor
I receive money regularly from a friend who emails it to me using PP. Until today, I was always able to transfer it to my debit card instantly once I clicked 'accept money'. Today, I never got the accept money prompt and it said I had already received the money, plus I can't find any prompt to transfer money at all, anywhere all of a sudden! What gives
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@whitewolf2 

So, you do not see the 'received' money in your PayPal balance/Activity list at all?

There could be times where you do not need to accept the money at all and it just appears in your PayPal balance/Activity list and then you make the manual transfer to your debit card via Transfer Money button in the PayPal balance section of the Summary page of the website or the Wallet page of the website by clicking the PayPal balance.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

whitewolf2
Contributor
Contributor
There is no transfer button, nor is there a place where it shows my balance. When I hit summary, it just simply says I received the money with no way to transfer it and I don't see a balance anywhere, I've tried desktop and mobile. I've made this transfer easily 5 times before.
Login to Me Too

whitewolf2
Contributor
Contributor

What happened was this: My friend sends me the funds through email and I get an email from PP saying "accept the money". This time, it said "go to Paypal" instead. That was the first red flag.  So I did, it brought me to PP website. This time though, it required me to follow up on the bank confirmation, regarding the two small deposits that were made a couple months ago. I entered the amount of the deposits, and my bank was then confirmed, which if anything, should have made the process smoother.  Upon arriving at the summary page however, there was no button to 'accept the money', it was already recieved and in my PP account, as if I decided to 'keep it in PP', which I did NOT. Every other time, I have been given an option to transfer the money to my confirmed debit card, and the process was smooth. Today I never once was given an option to transfer the funds to my card, rendering them unuseable, nor have I seen anything showing my balance, which is also usually there. I click on the summary for the transaction and also, there is no option to transfer the funds to my card. Its as if the site is operating completely different today. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.