Debit card declined

markmicallef
New Community Member

I am not able to add my debit card and have tried several times on different days.  It says it is not able to add it now or try again later. I have also been on hold with paypal for over an hour.  any ideas? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi markmicallef,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

In general, there may be multiple reasons why you cannot add your card to your account. For example, it may be that your card is not active, that it cannot be used online, that your account is limited or that our system is preventing you from adding the card for security reasons. Firstly, please check with your bank if your card is active and enabled for online purchases. Then, check your Resolution Centre to see if there are any pending issues.

If these are not the cases, I would recommend clearing your cache and cookies, deleting your browser history and waiting for 48 hours to let the system reset. This should help you solve the problem. If this does not work, please try to reach out to our Customer Service once more. If you want to contact our Customer Service, you can click ‘Help & Contact’ at the bottom of any PayPal page to see which options are available. 

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.