Customer service allowed to lie

RachaelW
Contributor
Contributor

I experienced the worst customer service in my life today from Paypal. I was on vacation in Las Vegas, and had already had a pre set plan to be sent my money for my ticket home the day before I left. I received the money, with no problems, try to transfer to card and all I get is an error message stating something along the lines of "unable to process at this time, please try again later". I try and try with no success, customer service is closed, so I wait until the following morning. Try again, same message. Call customer service and am told I will get a call back in 5 to 6 hours! I'm panicking at this point, the flight I'm trying to catch is at 7 at night and I need to purchase my ticket by 5. A friend that is with my suggests transferring the money to her and see if she can remove it. Money transfers fine, but she is told there will be a 24 hour hold, when she tries to put it on her card. She transfers money back(these transactions go through just fine) and I call customer service again. This time the wait is an hour to 1.5. I wait out the time and receive a call. The representative tells me that she needs to send me a code to unlock the account, does so, walks me through the transfer, and it goes through but gives me a message saying that it could be upto 24 hours. She tells me to go ahead with it, that Paypal is "updating their system" and it should take 30 mins to a couple hours. That she will put in a ticket for priority security clearance, and I should be good to go. I wait 3 more hours with the transaction still at pending. It is now 3:30. I call again. Another hour for a call back. During this time I come on this forum to see that "paypal updates " is a daily excuse for transfer delays. This time I get someone different, he tells me that they have put a security hold (1st girl told me the delay was because of the update, then my transferring to my friend and back flagged it, but the code she sent cleared it) that it would be a few more hours. I plead with them that I am in Vegas and need that money to get my flight, I dont have enough cash for another night. I ask him about the security priority ticket and he says there is no such thing. I ask about the "paypal updates " affecting my account, and he says that isnt the case, I have been flagged and security requires a "few more hours" before releasing my funds. I asked why the pending transaction doesnt state more details to why it is being held, no real response. I ask how it's okay for someone to blatantly lie, and he says I dont know why she did that. I realize the 1st girl just threw lie after lie to get me off the phone. I ask to speak to a supervisor, I am told that he can transfer me to the supervisor queue and I will receive a call in 1 to 2 hours!!!!... and its pointless because they will tell me the same. That in the email (not on the page that says Immediate Transfer may take upto 30 minutes) it states it could be 24 hours. I tell him that it has ALWAYS been instanteous, why would I expect any different this time!! Honestly I flipped my **bleep** at that point, requested to lodge a complaint against representatives straight up lying..told there is no complaint department. It is now 1am, money is still in pending. I realize him telling me a "few more hours" was to get me off the phone and past the timecustomer service was closed. I had to have a friend purchase my ticket for me, or I would of been sleeping on the streets of Vegas. I got no response from their Twitter or Facebook help options. And no answer to why a security hold was put in place this time, or why a few more hours was needed. I am guessing my money will be released at the 24 hour mark, but no one would straight out tell me that. I will never use Paypal again.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.