Customer changed addresses

Bronwyn9
New Community Member
Hi everyone I need help. One of my customers gave me a different address to send to last week but didn't update it with PayPal and it was delivered to the new address today. Does that affect the funds on hold?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Imsubh
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Bronwyn9 

Thank you for the post.

I understand your concern in regards to payment hold. So i would like to inform that here's how payment hold works

I hope this helps!

Imsubh.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Bronwyn9,

Thank you for your post! In addition to the information given by @Imsubh, I'd like to give you some further insight. If you shipped to an address that was different than the address in the transaction details, the funds may not release based on the delivery, and instead the buyer would have to confirm receipt of the item in their account, or the 21 days would have to elapse, whichever comes first.

Please also note that items sent to an address other than the one in the transaction details are ineligible for Seller Protection. For your protection, I recommend never shipping to an address other than the one that PayPal gives you. If a buyer wishes to have a different address used, they should be directed to change their address on PayPal and initiate a new transaction, and you can refund the old one.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.