Currency exchange.

calebchambers93
Contributor
Contributor
The option to change currency is no longer available how do I do it. I am trying to convert Euros to US dollars and the option is not there it just says accept your money and I can't do anything else without linking a card or bank and I don't want to do that before I could easily Exchange a currency's but now I can't. Did they change it or something?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

eniemi
Contributor
Contributor

Do you use computer version, phone/mobile version or the Paypal app? (I am not sure if PayPal app got the function of currency convertion, the app lack of features so I would recommend always use the web browser).

I would advice using the computer/desktop or mobile version. On both you go to the menu and then to Wallet.

Once you are at wallet, if on the mobile version you need to click on PayPal balance first.

Once that is, both on desktop and mobile version you will have 3 dots over each other to the right of the amount on the currency.

So if you have an amount in currency of EUR, you press the 3 dots right of the amount and there you should have an "exchange" button. 

Login to Me Too

calebchambers93
Contributor
Contributor
On both the desktop version and the mobile site to version there is no three dots so I literally can't
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@calebchambers93 

New policy, read the link below for your country.

You won't be able to anything with a 'balance' until you verify your id etc.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-can-i-do-with-my-personal-paypal-account,-paypal-ca...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Crystal39
Contributor
Contributor
Now I know what I'm getting myself into
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.