Currency conversion when paying with a card

nikolasenpai
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! I have been using my credit card recently when buying stuff off ebay but ive been getting billed way more then i should have. I checked my email and it says in the statement that paypal converts from my local currency to Euros ( but my card is in euros) so i lose a bit more money then i should have like 3 euros for a 20 euro payment. Is there any way to change it to just use euros ( which i have on my card)? I cant seem to find anything on it. Thanks in advance for the help! 🙂

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi nikolasenpai, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum!

Yes, it is possible to change the currency of your card on PayPal. You will need to contact our Customer Support team by phone, email, Facebook and Twitter to make this change for you. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

yrnkrn
Contributor
Contributor

Here are the well-hidden paypal conversion options:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_profile-merchant-pull-funding&CALL_FORM_UPDATE=false

select your card conversion options and then "Bill me in the currency listed on the seller's invoice.".

Login to Me Too

kszarkowicz
New Community Member

Intersting.

I have 3 cards associated with PayPal account (MasterCard, Visa, Diners Club), and when clikcing the above link, I can change the currency conversion for MasterCard and Visa, but there is no option to change it for DinersClub. Any specific reason?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.