Currency conversion issue

aph100
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

I'm trying to convert USD balance to GBP but I keep getting the message below:

"Some of the information required is missing or incomplete. Please check your entries and try again."

It's been like it for days, I've tried different browsers etc

Please help.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Pixipoppi
Contributor
Contributor

This has been an ongoing issue for over a week or more. Paypal customer service is absolutely no help.

When I opened a chat and tried to explain the issue, the person I was chatting with didn't know what to say about a fix so they closed out the chat and told me to try other ways to contact them.

When others have asked here in the forum, we've been told to make sure our main currency is set to "Primary", that has worked for some, but it's been a fail for others. The ONLY way I've found to be able to convert your money and use it, is to make a transfer from your paypal account to your bank account. Upon doing this, it automatically converts it. It is obviously no longer in your Paypal account and now you have to wait until it has been successfully transferred to your bank account, which isn't ideal (especially for business purposes), but it's the only thing I have found that works. Paypal knows of this issue, but they seem to believe it's everyone else's fault and not a fault with their system. Which basically means it will be a long time (or not at all) before it gets fixed. 

Login to Me Too

Matt2711
Contributor
Contributor

I spoke to Paypal customer services about this problem and they said it's a known fault with no known date for a fix. However the workaround I was advised was to download the app for a tablet or phone, and do a withdrawl to your bank account on the app, this will do the currency conversion as part of the withdrawl. That worked for me. 

Login to Me Too

aph100
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you both, I will try the App method today.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.