Currency Issue. I have (USD) as a primary but it converts in (GEL) anyways... need your help

mariamkeina
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I am texting you to express my confusion about sending money to my local bank account. I double checked that my primary currency here is (USD) that is correct, but when I try to transfer money to my local bank account which is also in (USD priority) it suggests to convert the money in my local currency (GEL). This issue took place about two months ago and still exists. when the money was sent via Luxembourg everything was okay, but something changed when the sending branch office became Singapore, which I did not choose. I also talked to my bank officer about this and he told me that everything was correct from their side. Would you kindly help me to solve this problem? Thank you very much for your cooperation and help!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @mariamkeina,

Welcome to the PayPal Community!! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues transferring funds to your bank in your desired currency. If you are using a local bank, it's more than likely the funds will be transferred in your local currency. If your bank is based out of the US, that's normally when it would stay in USD currency and not be converted from USD during the transfer. You may find the following Help Center article a bit helpful: Where can I find PayPal's currency calculator and exchange rates?

Apologies for any confusion!

- Jon K 

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.