Currency Conversion Error?

em37
New Community Member

Hi, I've been trying to convert my dollar balance to my pounds balance so that I can use it. I've been using paypal for a couple of years now and convert dollars to pounds all of the time with no issue whatsoever.

But the past few days whenever I try I receive this error after clicking to convert my dollars to pounds, trying again doesn't work either? I thought it might go away if I waited, but it's been three days now and this error occurs every time I try to convert currency. It's really annoying, since I can't use my money whilst it's in this state? I can't withdraw to my bank unless it's converted to pounds!

Thank you!

z.png

Login to Me Too
29 REPLIES 29

kuromik
Contributor
Contributor

I was getting the same error today and looked around for solutions. I always convert to php before withdrawing. A moderator on this thread suggested this so I tried to make a direct transfer to my bank account and it appears that paypal will do the conversion automatically. I have already received the email that says my funds are on the way.

<removed>

Hope this helps!

Login to Me Too

NaisenyaFoods
Contributor
Contributor
I am trying to convert my balance from KSH. to USD. It keeps giving me the same error “ Looks like something went wrong on our end. Try again later.”. I am so frustrated. No response in the help section or Twitter. I have never had a good experience with PayPal. Every transaction is problem. I just want to get this last payment and close all PayPal accounts and disconnect it from my website. Seriously fed up.
Login to Me Too

adiliz1
“we’re sorry, things don’t appear to be working rightnow. try again later.” i got this message everytime i tried to convert my euro to php but when i tried usd to php, it work. is there someone can help me with this matter? thanks.
Login to Me Too

klsp
Contributor
Contributor

I have the very same problem. Have you found any solution yet? It seems that the issue's only happening on euro-related activities.

Login to Me Too

NickG78
Contributor
Contributor

No solution yet I'm afraid. 

Login to Me Too

marykayglamor
Contributor
Contributor
I'm have the same issue. I have converted GBP to USD many times before. It's just recently that I keep getting an error to try again later. I messaged Paypal and they have been no help. I really need my money so I can pay bills
Login to Me Too

jeffc12503
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem converting from GBP to USD. Been happening since mid-January. I finally got around to opened a support ticket a week ago, but no solution given yet. This is not acceptable! They are holding my money and I can't get to it.

Login to Me Too

Eden_Dea2018

Hey. Can someone help me, I cannot convert my currency into Peso, it says try again later. I've been trying it for 2 days, and I still can't. What am I supposed to do? 

Login to Me Too

klsp
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Eden_Dea2018 , are you still getting the error prompt? My euro to php conversion had started working again after almost a month since I first left a comment here. Before that I had to send my money over a trusted fellow to have them converted to peso  which is a hassle.  I suggest that you wait it out and in the meantime find other ways to convert your money. 

Login to Me Too

Chispy
Contributor
Contributor

I have a similar problem, I converted 71$ to euros but never received the money, it says that the transaction was successfully completed even tho I didn't get my money. And now if I try to convert again I get an error.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.