Currency Conversion Error?

em37
New Community Member

Hi, I've been trying to convert my dollar balance to my pounds balance so that I can use it. I've been using paypal for a couple of years now and convert dollars to pounds all of the time with no issue whatsoever.

But the past few days whenever I try I receive this error after clicking to convert my dollars to pounds, trying again doesn't work either? I thought it might go away if I waited, but it's been three days now and this error occurs every time I try to convert currency. It's really annoying, since I can't use my money whilst it's in this state? I can't withdraw to my bank unless it's converted to pounds!

Thank you!

z.png

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

bpyper
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys! I have been having this problem too. I just got off of chat with a PayPal rep and they helped me fix it. Go into Money then "Add A currency" and add the currency you are trying to convert FROM. For example, I added British Pound since I am trying to convert from that to USD. Once it is added, go back and try to convert the currency. It worked for me!! Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
29 REPLIES 29

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @em37,

I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered an error when trying to convert funds. You should not need to convert prior to withdrawal, as the withdrawal process should allow a conversion in the course of the withdrawal if the bank is in a different currency than the funds.

For further assistance troubleshooting and reporting this issue, please reach out to customer service.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this can be resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Flossie55
Contributor
Contributor

HI,

Am having exactly the same issue - did you manage to resolve?

Many thanks

Flossie

Login to Me Too

kjbp90
New Community Member
Also having this problem on their website. Withdrawing only gives me the option to transfer from British currency, which is empty. Yet I get the same error as you while trying to convert my dollars to pounds. I usually have no problem on the app....... But since yesterday, they're mobile app has messed up big time, with myself and many other people having their entire balance section disappear, unable to withdraw or send. PayPal needs to take action quickly as many people are locked out out their funds. Its caused a huge uneeded amount of hassle for me today.
Login to Me Too

biomedigital
Contributor
Contributor
Wow!! I have been ignored by support over email! I I have exactly the same problem and I can not do my business accounting because of this error!! Really not happy with paypal(again!).
Login to Me Too

biomedigital
Contributor
Contributor

When will this be fixed?? 

Login to Me Too
Solved

bpyper
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys! I have been having this problem too. I just got off of chat with a PayPal rep and they helped me fix it. Go into Money then "Add A currency" and add the currency you are trying to convert FROM. For example, I added British Pound since I am trying to convert from that to USD. Once it is added, go back and try to convert the currency. It worked for me!! Hope this helps!

Login to Me Too

NickG78
Contributor
Contributor

I already have the currencies on but I still get error messages when trying to convert for BP to Euros.

Login to Me Too

kmextra
Contributor
Contributor

This didn’t work as British Pounds is already showing in my list of currencies and can’t be added again. ☹️👎🏻

Login to Me Too

corz_416
Contributor
Contributor

I am having issues converting USD to PHP for almost a week now.  I tried to add a currency of PHP but it is not among the list and this resolved the issue by a previous commenter.  I have been trying to convert USD to PHP for a week now and I getting the same message "We're sorry, things don't appear to be working right now. Try again later."  Last week, I was able to convert my USD balance to PHP. Any help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.