Currency Converison

succilious
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.

I think Paypal updated its interface and now I can no longer find the manage curriences button that allows show the currency conversion rates

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@succilious

I had to hunt as well, click on the 3 upright dots next to balance and manage currencies is an option on there.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

succilious
Contributor
Contributor

There is no currency conversion rate in there, there was like a table and it showed you the amount of money it would be converted into for example 5.00 usd into pounds

Login to Me Too

Mr-PoohBear
Contributor
Contributor

I thought I was going mad as I only used it a few days ago, so you are not alone..

Login to Me Too

EZTarget
Contributor
Contributor

I received a small payment in Euros and want to convert it to USD, my primary currency.  When I go to Wallet -> click on 3 dots for my listed Euro balance (0.50), choose "Convert currency", then select USD from list of available currencies, ->Next -> Conversion Amount (defaults to "0.00"), BUT I can NOT enter "0.50" or any other amount - the page keeps resetting amount to "0.00", and informs me the Minimum Amount is 0.01 Euros.

Am I doing this incorrectly? Is there a better method?
BTW: FAQ page https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-transfer-my-balance-to-another-currency-faq1025... steps appear to be out-of-date.

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

Paypal charges 3% conversion fee. 

Login to Me Too

EZTarget
Contributor
Contributor

Never mind, but thanks for info.

Today I was able to convert my 0.50 Euro to $0.57 USD with no problem at PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.