cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crypto Sale Funds Hold

CarterM72
Contributor

Re: Crypto Sale Funds Hold

Same issue.  I have sold out of 100% of my PayPal crypto and moved to Coinbase never to return.  Much better service that ACTUALLY GETS WHAT CRYPTO IS ABOUT and makes it easy.  Holding your funds makes PayPal a worthless wallet for Crypto.  Don't use it.

KCretro
Contributor

I was told it would be a 10-day hold on funds from a Bitcoin sale that I wanted to roll over to ethereum when I made the sale the system told me the funds would be available momentarily in my PayPal account when I reviewed signing up with PayPal their propaganda told me when I sold my funds would be available immediately in my PayPal account very upset this is not the case PayPal now has the float of my money for 10 days
r2w-user

10 days on hold for crypto can mean hundreds of dollars in losses... Very bad from PayPal... they need to be sued.

Customer service is not helpful, as they only talk about 'shipping carriers' 'waiting ro buyer to garity the item'.... none of that applies.

Paypal is not ready for being in the crypto business. can't wait to get it all out

SamP89
Contributor

Hi guys, did you receive your money? i haven't received mine and it was quite a large sum too. just wondering how long you waited?

@ariesboy33305 @stroker15 @Iggyp06 @PeruvianHghlndr @KCretro 

stroker15
Contributor

SamP89.  I got my money.  It was held for exactly 72 hours.  I made a sale after that and the funds were immediately available.  So it is unclear whether a hold will happen all the time or just randomly.  

SamP89
Contributor

So I sent £3000 from Coinbase to PayPal and still after 3hours PayPal haven’t received it. I’m worried it was lost as I have called PayPal and there is no pending incoming transactions. Should I wait 24hours or contact Coinbase?
stroker15
Contributor

An ACH transfer from Coinbase to Paypal could take up to 3 days.  Check coinbase and see how long the transfer should take.  I'm sure coinbase has that information somewhere.  Transferring money from coinbase to your bank or Paypal doesn't happen instantly, unless you specifically select an instant transfer and pay the added fee, if instant transfer is an available option.  

SamP89
Contributor

Thanks for the info man. I sent £1 from my account to PayPal as a test and it was instant. I’m hoping it’s taking longer due to the large sum of money. Fingers crossed 🤞
stroker15
Contributor

You'll get your money for sure, when you'll  get it is another story.  It all depends on how the transfer is made.  If it is an ACH (Automated Clearing House) bank to bank type transfer, then it could take a day or up to 3 days.  ACH transfers usually happen in batches,  I think about 3 times a day.  And there's different types of ACH transfers, fast and slow.  Fast is usually one day.  There's info online about how ACH transfers work and how long they take.  Then if you're transferring to your debit card, that's a different type of transfer I think, and it can happen much faster.  

The information about how long it should take should be on coinbase,  because it's pretty much up to them which type of ACH transfer they select and the speed they want it to happen at.  Faster costs them more in general.  But I've made several transfers from coinbase to my bank and I have always gotten the money, I don't remember how long it took though.  You will get the money, I just don't know how fast, you'll have to get that info from coinbase.  

Iggyp06
Contributor

No sir......FINALLY got a release date of the 21st so finger crossed. Also i got ahold of "customer service" but only receive generic responses.
Tags (1)