Convert Currency

dpaul91
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying to convert british pounds to dollars for three days and it keeps giving me an error that it's not working right now. Am I doing something wrong?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Vexx86
New Community Member

Same and they told me there no issue on their end. 

Login to Me Too

Naux78
Contributor
Contributor

Today I have the same issue.  Getting the error "We’re sorry, things don’t appear to be working right now. Try again later."  No matter how much later I try, the error remains.  I have tried reaching out to support but I am sent to the community.  Has anyone had their issue relating to this resolved yet?

Login to Me Too

limonlimon
Contributor
Contributor
Same issue contacted them and they just told me to try again later and at first said I didn’t even have the balance in my account.
Login to Me Too

limonlimon
Contributor
Contributor

Hey I might have found a fix for this. I converted a dollar of USD into GBP (which worked) then it allowed me to convert GBP to USD no problem. 

Login to Me Too

Tatertot98
Thanks this worked, its a paypal glitch, just convert 1$ to GBP and then convert it back to USD and it will let you have money.
Login to Me Too

allotmenteer
Contributor
Contributor

@limonlimonyou are a total star! This worked for me, but the other way round. I've been trying for ages to convert a USD balance to my GBP balance and kept getting the error. Just converted £1 GBP to USD, and then was able to convert the entire USD balance to my GBP balance without the pesky error - hurrah!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this excellent fix

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.