"Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later." When converting currency

DonnyOnigiri
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am just trying to convert currency from USD to my local currency. I keep getting this error message ""Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later." and it wouldn't let me convert my money. I only have a personal account. Thank you to anyone who sees this

paypal.png

Login to Me Too
69 REPLIES 69

fnotorio
Contributor
Contributor
I am also receiving that error and i dont know why
Login to Me Too

Neil0909
Contributor
Contributor
Me too tbh
Login to Me Too

fnotorio
Contributor
Contributor
What is happening paypal?!
Login to Me Too

Yus3
New Community Member

I just ran into this problem today, trying to convert some USD into EUR, but it won't let me, and shows 'Some required information is missing or incomplete. Please correct your entries and try again.'

Please help, it's kinda urgent.

Login to Me Too

PayPalMichelleW

Hi @Yus3,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble changing your currency.  Here's an article from our Help Center that might help: How do I transfer my balance to another currency?  I hope this helps.

Thanks!

MichelleW

Login to Me Too

QCS-2016
Contributor
Contributor

I'm also having a similar issue but when I click on "Convert currency" the page gets stuck on loading screen and nothing happens.

Screenshot (13).png

If anyone at PayPal is listening, please don't respond with a link to an article showing me how to do a currency conversion. The problem isn't that I don't know how to convert my currency. The problem is that the function is broken on your website. Please fix it.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @QCS-2016,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

If you cannot convert your currency, it may be that the currency in that specific balance is not currently open. Even if you received payments in that currency, you may not be able to convert the amount. To add a new currency, click the 'Add Currency' in the 'Money' section of your account. Then, please try to convert the amount again. 

I  hope this helps.

Martina 

Login to Me Too

1LifesDream
Contributor
Contributor

The information above does not help at all. What does it mean that the "currency in that specific balance is not open"??? 
We cannot ADD a currency from a country that is already added. It won't let us pick that from the list. How in the world do I get this to convert to US dollars. I only get paid in GBP, and this conversion issue has only happened twice to me in 3 years. The first time I just waited an hour or so, and it let me do it. Today, it's just not letting me do it at all, no matter how long I wait it seems. I need to make a purchase, and am not sure if it will let me when there is money that needs to be converted first. HELP!

Login to Me Too

jimkarrat
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing is happening to me. It says something along the lines of “can’t do that right now. Try again later.” But it’s been going on 3 days now.... I’m trying to convert to USD from GBP.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.