Confused About my Current Negative Balance

jyorkcar
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

So, yesterday I unlinked my bank account from PayPal because I am trying to prevent thieving eBay from getting my money.  I zeroed out my account, moved all my money to my bank and had a 0.00 balance in PayPal.  I then started using Facebook ads and saw I had like a $1 negative balance last night, so I thought it was related to that.  This morning I wake up to a $7 negative balance.  It grew somehow over night even though I had completely disabled the Facebook ads, so I'm pretty sure it's not coming from that.  Also, I only see the most current transaction as the withdrawal of my entire balance, but nothing new is listed.  I'm not understanding where these charges are coming from and I've checked my bank account to see no new charges listed their either.  I also do not have a credit card attached and never have.  I guess I should also mention that I was selling on eBay until they banned me for not having a phone and I thought all the appropriate refunds were given out to previous customers and that I was all caught up there.  I briefly reviewed all my refunds given out and do not see anything new.  Last refund was given on Feb 24.  No idea what's going on.

Hopefully someone can figure this out for me,

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

jyorkcar
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, I'm really pssed, but it looks like eBay can terminate your account and previous customers can STILL open cases for refunds.  So, I discovered an e-mail for $6.95.  PayPal put my money on hold even though eBay killed me account.  It looks like this is how the negative balance is being made, covertly.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jyorkcar 

See if you cancel the facebook automatic payment:

Go to Account Settings (wheel icon) > Payments > Manage Automatic Payments

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

jyorkcar
Contributor
Contributor

I'll be sure to check that.  My current ad says it's inactive.  Also, I set it to a $1 daily budget.  Last night when I checked it, it had only spent like $0.15.  So, I have no idea if Facebook somehow got me to the $7 negative on my PayPal balance.  I only ran the ad for last night... should have been a $1 in total.  It doesn't make sense.

Update:  I looked at the PayPal automatic payment setting for Facebook and it's showing a total of $0.00 has been billed.  So the culprit is definitely not Facebook.  Also, Facebook is now showing I owe them $0.32... definitely still not $7.  

Login to Me Too
Solved

jyorkcar
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, I'm really pssed, but it looks like eBay can terminate your account and previous customers can STILL open cases for refunds.  So, I discovered an e-mail for $6.95.  PayPal put my money on hold even though eBay killed me account.  It looks like this is how the negative balance is being made, covertly.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.